Effective Date: July 3, 2018
This privacy notice explains how SMOOVE-APP, Inc. (referred to as “SMOOVE,” “we,” “our,” “us”) collects, uses, and transfers information through its mobile application, website, and Facebook page.
Information We Collect
You may voluntarily provide us with personal information when you register an account with us, contact us for customer support, or otherwise provide us with personal information. The types of personal information you provide us may include your name, email address, physical address, profile photo and phone number. Additional information, such as your Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification number may be required to perform a credit check by a landlord or leasing office before you are able to rent property. You may also link your account on a social media platform with SMOOVE, and if you do so you may provide us with personal information from your social media profile, such as your name, email address, phone number, profile picture, and list of friends. You may also provide us with demographic information, such as gender, age, or birthdate. SMOOVE maintains and processes this data (either on its own behalf or through third party providers) for the purpose of, or in connection with, the provision of our services to you, to manage our relationship with you (including administration of our services and managing billing and payment), to comply with any and all legal and/or regulatory requirement to which SMOOVE is subject, to exercise the legal rights of SMOOVE and/or comply with any lawful court order, to provide users with access to online portals and/or any application provided or supported by SMOOVE, to ensure the security of the systems and premises of SMOOVE, as well as for any purpose related to and/or ancillary to any of the above purposes. The above-described processing is necessary for the performance of a contract SMOOVE has entered into with users, or in order to take steps at the request of the individual prior to entering such contract; for the purposes of the legitimate interests of SMOOVE as a provider of various services offered by SMOOVE to provide those services or in connection with those services; or for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests; or for compliance with a legal obligation to which SMOOVE is subject.
We may also receive information about you from third parties and combine that information with information that we collect from your use of our mobile application or website.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use both the personal and technical information (collectively “Information”) we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
• To provide our services to you, including without limitation, the sharing of information with third parties to fulfill the services, for example, landlord, property manager and owners of prospective Lease Properties;
• To provide you with customer support;
• To maintain, improve, and personalize your experience of our mobile application and website;
• To monitor our mobile application and website for compliance with our terms of service;
• To provide you with marketing materials about new products and services that you may be interested in from us, our affiliates, and other third parties;
• For our analytics, research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes; and • As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
How We Share The Information We Collect
We may share Information with various third party companies for a variety of purposes, including:
• With third party service providers, such as transportation network companies and cellular phone service companies, for their use as a part of our services;
• With service providers or agents that perform activities on our behalf, such as email and marketing fulfillment;
• As part of a corporate sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
• Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights, or the rights of third parties; or
• With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Individuals’ Rights under the GDPR
Individuals have, or may have, the following rights under the GDPR in relation to their personal data processed by SMOOVE:
- Right to information about their personal data;
- Right of access to their personal data;
- Right to rectification of their personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure of their personal data (“right to be forgotten”);
- Right to restriction of processing of their personal data;
- Right to data portability of the personal data they have provided to SMOOVE;
- Right to object to the processing of their personal data where it is processed for direct
marketing purposes or processed by automated means; and
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including
profiling, which produces legal effects concerning them, or similarly significantly affects them.
Individuals may exercise one or more of their rights under the GDPR, to the extent the individual has such right pursuant to the GDPR, in relation to their personal data processed by SMOOVE by emailing: email@example.com to obtain and complete a request form.
Where an individual exercises one of his or her rights to erase, restrict or object to the processing of his or her personal data, SMOOVE may be unable to provide services to the individual, or the services SMOOVE provides may be limited.
Your Choices About Data Sharing
Online Behavioral Advertising: We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated websites and mobile applications. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers may collect about your visits to our website, mobile applications, and other non-affiliated websites or mobile applications over time. Advertising Providers may also use this information to associate different browsers and devices with you, and deliver more relevant ads across those browsers and devices. This practice is sometimes called online behavioral advertising.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about this type of advertising, and to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser on this device by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. Additionally, if you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile applications on this device, you can download the DAA’s AppChoices app from your device’s application store, or visit www.youradchoices.com/appchoices.
Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications, but may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests, and the companies you select may still collect information for other purposes, such as research, analytics, and internal operations. In addition, note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
Precise Location Information: To disable the collection of precise location information from your mobile device through our mobile apps, you can access your mobile device settings and choose to limit that collection.
California Residents: If you are a California resident, and you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us at the following address to opt-out of this type of sharing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update Your Personal Information
You can update the personal information you provide to us about yourself and others by logging into our mobile application or website and changing the information in your profile.
We take reasonable physical, administrative, and technical steps to help maintain the data we collect in a secure manner. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem.
Our mobile application or website may provide links to third-party websites or mobile applications. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. For clarity, the inclusion of a link to a third party website on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our affiliates. Please note that your access and/or use of any third party websites, including your provision of any information, materials and/or other content to such sites, is entirely at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website you visit.
Privacy Notice Changes
We may make changes to this privacy notice. We will provide notice of such changes via this privacy notice. We suggest you revisit this notice from time to time to stay informed of any changes.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at: 18, Barcelona Irvine CA 92614