A Guide is a local expert who has been through what you will go through with extensive knowledge of the area, or a person who has lived in L.A. for a looooong time! They can be your first friend in town and will share with you everything they know about the city, such as tips for the best restaurants, dangerous places to avoid, most incredible hikes or even plans for the weekend! Feel free to ask them anything: they will love to share their experiences with you!
After purchasing one of our three available packages, you will receive a confirmation email with a step-by-step list of what we will help you with:
- If you purchased either the Premium or VIP package, we will ask you to input your flight info and temporary accommodations in the app so that we can meet you at arrival and take you to your hotel.
- Once you arrive and rest, we will schedule meetings to see the houses we have selected for you. We will look for the apartments that fit your needs, schedule appointments, pick you up and head to the apartment visit with you. We will help you with any questions that you may have, and give you suggestions if you are undecided.
We ask you to let us know up to 5 (five) windows of availability (date and time) you could go view the apartments. Once we know your availability, we will look for the best apartment complexes according to your needs, and set up all the appointment in the most time-effective way for you to see them. Once that’s all scheduled, we will pick you up and visit the apartments with you and head back once the visits are over.
- We will try to schedule most visits on the same day or week to save you time, and find your home faster than ever!
Los Angeles is the most congested city in the United States, which means it could take you hours to drive just a few miles. Luckily, Smoove is all about finding the perfect apartment to avoid a situation where you will spend hours stuck in traffic. Our Guides are expert locals who know how to get around the city by avoiding traffic, and they will teach you the best tricks!
Yes, of course! The accommodations we show you are available right away. We suggest you book it right away if there is an option you like. We have seen clients miss their preferred apartment because they were undecided.
If you love it, we suggest to get it as soon as possible. Most apartment complexes hold the apartment for 24 hours so you can gather the documents needed to complete the application.
We have never experienced this before since we always consider your preferences of budget and location and show you the best options available on the market at the time. However, if this happens, just be honest with your Guide so we can suggest other options that fit your needs better.
The LA Handbook is a personalized booklet with incredible insights and tips on how to become a local right away. It includes the most popular bars and restaurants, tips on how to obtain a driver’s license, and how to use public transportation efficiently. We also include suggestions on how to spend your first few weekends, the best beaches, ski resorts (if you miss the cold climate), and the best museums in town.
Smoove uses a secure processing system called Stripe, which is used by most major companies in the world. We accept most credit cards and we guarantee a secure transaction.
- Alternatively, you can pay with PayPal if you already have an account.
- Either way, you will not be charged until 48 hours before you take off, or 48 hours before the appointment with the Guide.
Of course you can! You can cancel or change the package up to 48 hours before your take off. You will only be charged after those 48 hours.
Moving to a new city can be extremely intimidating – we are here to make it pleasant! The founders and most of the Guides have been through the stressful experience of moving to a new country and feeling disoriented. Therefore, at Smoove, we know how you feel and what your fears are. We help you find the perfect home, we give you locals’ insights, and we want to be your new friend in town!
- If you choose Smoove, you are not alone. We share with you all the experiences we had in the past so that you can skip those annoying mistakes and sense of disorientation.
Of course! We only ask that you do so at least 48 hours before take-off in order to avoid being charged and allow us time to organize the perfect experience for you!
To facilitate the concept, we often use the example of a plane ride in Business class and First class. The VIP package is our version of First Class travel! It offers that luxurious feeling of being picked up by a professional driver in a stretch limousine and enjoying the house visits with a black sedan and professional driver. It is a luxurious, exclusive, white-glove service that will make your house hunting task a relaxing experience. Additionally, you will receive a complimentary night out to an amazing rooftop bar with breathtaking ocean views!